- The client was building an agile solution to provide for their growing offering of Exchange Traded Funds.
- They had recently made a commitment to SOA and an enterprise service bus offering.
- System design and development
- Mentoring to implement base components of a business workflow system to value their offerings
- We helped to specify and implement web services from the business architecture
- Developed mid-tier and service information models
- Constructed and maintained the Business Process choreographer, a custom-built event handler operating on their service bus
- Aided in the establishment and implementation of the contingency architecture and implemented alert management to indicate when Service Level Agreements were exceeded
- Provided mentorship to other teammates and infrastructure troubleshooting for the deployment of components on JMS/MQ and web services
- Provided PL/SQL development for stored procedures and assisted in troubleshooting UI issues
- Solution offering uses IBM WebSphere Application Server, Rational Application Developer, Tibco BusinessWorks ESB and Tibco Collaborator, IBM MQ Series, JMS queue and topic messaging
- This client has a business process which collects portfolio information from their asset management system, compares daily returns to industry benchmarks and competitions, and distributes performance data to customers.
- Process consolidation
- System provided limited documentation
- We analyzed the process
- Developed maintenance and operation documentation
- Extended the lifespan of the existing processes
- Solution involved Advent AXYS, Microsoft Excel, Factset Financial Analysis API
- 20 Million customers with records in a number of diverse systems, this customer had a vision to obtain a single view of the customer.
- Disconnected offshore resource groups
- Integration of multiple work products
- Services architecture to efficiently handle of millions of rows of data
- Management of offshore development resources
- Implementation of Web Service API
- J2EE Best Practice Mentoring
- Technology component: Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Framework, Hibernate, MS SQL Server, JAX-WS, JAS-RS, JBOSS ESB, Google Geocoding API
- Global publisher harnessing cloud computing to bring a variety of outsourced electronic media content into a single source portal
- Services Architecture to handle large volume (10's of millions) of records containing a variety of media content each with it's own special needs
- Java programming to read and transformation content for presentation
- Implementation of web service gateway for content cross-referencing
- Distribution of binary content to Amazon Cloudfront CDN
- Technology component: Java, Apache Tomcat, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JDBC, Oracle, Amazon RDS, AWS Couldfront CDN, AWS S3 storage, AWS SQS message queue service, AWS SES email service
- To support marketing and distribution to Financial Institutions, Brokerage Firms, Independent Brokers and Financial Planners, this organization maintains a distributed infrastructure to support their Sales Force Automation needs. Based on Lotus Domino, the SFA system coordinated the synchronization of data changes, disseminates detailed product penetration information, and targets users for marketing campaigns. As our client’s business grew, they embraced a portal implementation strategy.
- Review their infrastructure and data synchronization processes
- In our review, we recommended a strategy to migrate away from full data replication push technology and develop a system which pulls data on an as-needed basis
- Our recommended strategy would cache data for short periods and allow updates to be queued on the local client to the host repository.
- Our recommendation expects to reduce overhead activities involved in the maintenance of data dissemination systems and provide a faster to market solution for the client to introduce new products to market.
- Solution offerings used Lotus Expeditor on mobile and desktop clients, IBM Websphere Portal, IBM Websphere Application Server, IBM DB2 UDB v9, IBM DB2/400, Rational Software Architect, Lotus Notes 8, eclipse plugin development
- Client was adopting Salesforce.com Service Cloud and required data migration and systems integration to synchronize their case information to the bug tracking system used by their development engineers
- Boomi based Synchronization process
- Salesforce.com SQL Data loader scripts
- In order to support this customer portal implementation, we spun up a AWS hosted server running MS Sql server to host a backup of the clients existing helpdesk database. We wrote and tested data migration scripts while the service cloud customization was being done. We also spun up a AWS hosted server to implement a development environment of the bug tracking system.
- Using Dell Boomi's atomsphere cloud integration services, we created connection points to synchronize cases and issues between the service cloud and the bug tracking system. Synchronization included case activity and file attachments received from customers and provided a means for development engineers to automatically create open activities for the support engineers to track with customers.
- Dell Boomi Atomsphere, Salesforce.com service cloud, SOAP UI web service test environment, Amazon Web Services
Global Plastics Manufacturer/Treasury Systems Integration and Message Exchange Services for Trading Parters
- To support their spin off from their parent company, this manufacturer bought a commercial treasury management system. During it's implementation they needed support to implement message encryption/decryption, delivery and parsing.
- Implement PGP security encryption and decryption
- Evaluation and selection of secure file transfer infrastructure
- Implementation of web based monitor and query of message
- Evaluated, recommended and implemented secure file transfer services
- Leveraged AWS cloud hosting to quickly setup a test environment
- Implemented Web based message query and review in less than 40 days
- Coordinated key exchange with communication pathways with trading partners and supported testing of communication pathways
- sFTP server, Message processing service, PGP command line, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Springsource Toolsuite
- This client had a diverse collection of independent IT systems and databases in place to manage the various shops responsible for management of their campus.
- A centralized and integrated solution to manage unplanned work requests, parts and labor contracts, procurement activities, and schedule preventative maintenance.
- Performed a product evaluation of Commercial Off-the-shelf ERP Systems suited for this purpose and recommended Maximo ERP system
- The implementation of Maximo consolidated dozens of disparate systems into a centralized place
- Critical to the project implementation was
- the migration of each of the data repositories associated with the replaced systems;
- the reproduction and validation of reports;
- the modification of a commercial product;
- the development and integration of financial modules beyond the capabilities of the commercial product
- Solution offering used Oracle, Gupta SQLWindows, Tivoli Maximo
- This client engaged another vendor to convert their website from Cold Fusion to Websphere Application Server. The vendor was struggling with some critical architectural problems in portions of the application including EJB persistence issues and a complex single-sign-on algorithm between the primary site and a portion managed by a third party service provider. After a year of overrun on the project, the client was ready to throw in the towel.
- A complete resolution to open issues, identifying of bottlenecks and overall solution to the website conversion
- Migration of 90,000 users to the site
- We identified and resolved the outstanding issues and obstacles
- Deployed the site and migration of the 90,000 users
- We oversaw the deployment and integration of the website with several additional third party sites to add functionality, including an e-commerce application for tracking distribution of software updates to their products.
- Implemented best practices for web maintenance
- Streamlined the build and deployment processes in order to guarantee a quality deployment
Introduced content management.
- Solution offering used IBM Websphere Application Server, Websphere Studio Application developer, Oracle 9i running on Linux and AIX, and Documentum content management
- Client was operating a Lawson ERP system and wished to integrate a number of workflows into their Lotus Notes based email infrastructure
- Prototype Web Service clients
- Imported their web service WSDL's into Lotus Designer
- Implemented credential management system
- Proven web service message query and processing
- Lotus Notes 8, IBM iSeries, Lawson ERP software
- Client was operating a Distribution system inside an on-premise ERP system and wished to connect the ERP system to their Salesforce.com CRM system
- Develop Web Services API
- Prototype web service invocation on all sides
- Designed and implemented restful web service on Salesforce.com platform
- Implemented .net client prototype web service call for demonstration of security authentication for ERP system to call salesforce.com
- Implemented web service callout to ERP based restful service to send data from Salesforce.com to the ERP system
- Technology Use: salesforce.com, .net, AWS Hosting